Flash
The Gorge - Flash Bristow's Website
Recipe - Flash's Marinated Olives
Ingredients
  • Small jar black pitted or sliced olives in brine
  • 1 Fresh chilli pepper
  • Teaspoon "lazy" garlic or crushed fresh garlic
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon juice
Method
Keeping the olives in the jar, strain. Rinse by adding cold water and straining again a couple of times. Drain well.

Top up 90% with olive oil. Add lemon juice for the remaining 10% until all olives are well covered.

Add a teaspoon of lazy garlic, or of fresh crushed garlic. Add half a chilli pepper, sliced thinly and roughly chopped (so that each slice makes about 3 pieces).

Shake thoroughly so it is well mixed, and place in fridge. Every time you open the fridge, give the jar another shake!

After 24-48 hours (for sliced olives) or 48-72 hours (for whole pitted olives) they can be strained and served. When you do so, strain the liquid but retain the small pieces of chilli and garlic to add colour.

Tasty snack or appetiser!

This page last updated: 31 August 2004



Hosted by RackSense Designed by Web Design & Mastery
If you have a comment, please leave it in the guestbook. To contact Flash directly, complete this form. Like this site? Buy me a drink!

This site moved from a fixed width to the current layout in 2009. Some older content such as photo sets may still have a fixed width. However if you notice any pages which are actually broken, please be kind enough to let me know via this form.

© Flash Wilson 1999-2013. I charge a fee for use of my photos.