Tort's Glastonbury FAQUpdated January 2008
A note from Flash: This amazing FAQ was written by Tort (from the Virtual Festival messageboards) - it's hosted here as a favour but unlike the rest of this site, it wasn't written by me. So if you're looking to send plaudits to someone, it's Tort you should be thanking!
Due to its massive size, the FAQs are in four pages. I think it works best if you simply read all the pages in order. But if you are just looking for the answer to one particular question, feel free to pick it out. Please wait for the whole page to load when following the links, in order that they will take you to the right place. It's worth the wait!
Since the last update, it has been announced that...
...Lost Vagueness will not be present, but something similar will take place in the same fields under the name of Shangri La.
...There will only be one Tipi field for those who have hired them.
...As well as combined coach and festival tickets, in 2008 there are also train travel and entry tickets, leaving from London.
...You will be given biodegradable tent pegs on entry, and asked to use these to avoid metal pegs hurting the cows once the Festival is over.
...You are asked to bring only what you are prepared to carry home. The waste of 2007 should not be repeated! Remember that you are guests on a working farm and please treat the land with respect.
...Family Camping will be in Spring Ground and Big Ground this year.
Please bear these points in mind when reading.
- When is it?
- Where is it?
- How big is the site?
- How do I get tickets?
- Can I buy day tickets?
- When should I arrive?
- What happens on Wednesday & Thursday?
- How do I get there?
- What should I take with me?
- How do I carry my gear?
- What sort of tent should I buy?
- How much should I spend on my tent?
- How big should my tent be?
- What are "Hydrostatic Head" and "Sun Protection Factor" all about?
- What else should I look out for when buying a new tent?
- What about sleeping bags etc.?
- What other camping gear should I take?
- Is it always muddy?
- What is the most suitable footwear?
- Getting in - What happens at the gates?
- Can I get out again if I need to?
- How much are the programmes?
- Can I stay offsite?
- Are the campsites separate from the festival?
- Where is the best place to camp?
- How can I tell which fields still have space when I get there?
- Can I save space for my mates?
- Any other camping tips?
- Can I stay in a Tipi?
- Security - Is there much crime?
- What are the Security Lock Ups Like?
- How easy is it to find your way about?
- Can I bring the kids?
- How much money will I need?
- What's the food like?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- Alcohol - What's the deal?
- Can I bring my own booze?
- How much is "enough for personal consumption"?
- What if I forget to bring something?
- Are the toilets really that bad?
- Can I have a shower?
- What facilities are there for the disabled?
- What medical facilities are there?
- Is it OK to use mobile phones?
- Can I take my dog?
- Can I work at the Festival?
- Is there much litter?
- Does it get very crowded?
- When is the line up released?
- What times do the bands start & finish?
- Which stages should I spend my time at?
- What else is there to see & do?
- Can I get married at the Festival?
- What happens at night?
- Can I have a fire?
- Where can I get additional information at the Festival?
- When is the best time to leave?
- Can I leave my tent to be recycled?
This page last updated: 23 April 2008
If you have a comment, please leave it in the guestbook. To contact Flash directly, complete this form. Like this site? Buy me a drink!
This site moved from a fixed width to the current layout in 2009. Some older content such as photo sets may still have a fixed width. However if you notice any pages which are actually broken, please be kind enough to let me know via this form.
© Flash Wilson 1999-2013. I charge a fee for use of my photos.